Jessica Biel Blames Anne Hathaway For Stealing Her Roles

When actors are going through a dry spell in their careers, it's only natural to lash out and blame someone else for their lack of an employment status. Obviously it wouldn't make sense to hold themselves accountable for the injustice (because that's just crazy talk), so they move on to their fellow Hollywood constituents. Jessica Biel is going through a similar type of situation and recently decided to make Anne Hathaway her own personal scapegoat and blame the actress for taking all of her potential roles.

In an interview with the December issue of Elle magazine, Biel stated, "Theres a million [roles] that get away. [Actors are] gluttons for punishment. Its just rejection. Biel recounted how she desperately wanted to be Catwoman in Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Rises, but lost the role to Academy Award nominee Hathaway. "I was gutted. I mean, to work with Christopher Nolan in that kind of a role..." Biel said while recalling the loss.

Biel also said she dreamed of starring in the upcoming adaptation of Les Miserables, but once again, was overshadowed by Hathawau. Biel stated, "I felt terrified when I auditioned for 'Les Miserables,' the movie that Tom Hooper is doing. I was terrified to sing in front of him. I auditioned for Fantine and I sang 'I Dreamed a Dream.' I didn't get it. And I would have loved it."

But Hathaway isn't the only one Biel accuses of raining on her parade -- she also has a bone to pick with Rachel McAdams. According to Page Six, Biel also auditioned for the lead role in the romantic classic, The Notebook, but was tossed aside when producers cast McAdams for the part. "Thats one that I wanted so badly," remembers Biel. "I was in the middle of shooting 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre,' and I auditioned with Ryan Gosling in my trailercovered in blood. [Director] Nick Cassavetes put me through the wringer in an interesting, excitingly creative way."

Now it's hard to know the real reasons why Biel wasn't cast into any of these desired roles, but the actress has a few theories as to why she's not a director's number one choice. In an interview with Allure magazine in 2009, Biel explained she's simply too good looking for most roles, saying, "It really is a problem. I have to be blunt." I mean, who wouldn't enjoy working with that?


Comments