Jessica Biel: 'It Took a Leap of Faith' to Wear a Pink Wedding Dress

Stylewatch Style News Now

12/06/2012 at 08:00 AM ET

Jessica Biel ELLE Cover

We were as surprised as anyone to see Jessica Biel in a pink gown on her wedding day. And as it turns out, the bride herself was a bit surprised about the unconventional choice, too.

[Giambattista Valli] had created that same fabric in a fuchsia-and-pink combination for a dress in a previous collection, Biel says in the January issue of ELLE. And I asked him if he could create that same pattern in a white combination, and he suggested pink.

The final result was, of course, that now-famous dress: a custom petal-pink strapless gown of silk mousseline and silk organza with a light-pink floral motif. It was a bit of a leap of faith at t! he time, but it turned out better than I could have ever imagined, she admits in the cover story. [Putting it on], I felt like I had made the right choice. I felt elegant. And it moved like a dream.

Though Biel was somewhat hesitant to wear a pink gown, she never envisioned herself walking down the aisle in anything particularly traditional, either.

I have never been crazy about all-white wedding dresses, for me at least, she says. I wanted the dress to be very romantic and feminine and a shape that I very rarely wear. Well, wed say mission accomplished.

To read Biels interview and to see the actress posing with some of fashions greatest designers (shes seen below with Valli) pick up the January issue of ELLE, on newsstands Dec. 18, or visit ELLE.com. Tell us: How do you feel about non-white wedding dresses?

Jessica Biel Elle 2Thomas Whiteside/ELLE

Jennifer Cress

PHOTOS: SEE MORE STARS IN DESIGNER DRESSES IN LAST NIGHTS LOOK


Comments