Jessica Biel is a survival expert

Jessica Biel is a survival expert after receiving lessons from her father on how to deal with extreme conditions.

The 'Total Recall' actress - who is engaged to Justin Timberlake - was taught by her father how to deal with extreme conditions, and knows how to stop hypothermia developing.

She said: 'My father taught me to be a survival expert. I know how to prevent hyperthermia if you fall into a freezing cold river; you get out and immediately take off your clothes.

'The best way to heat up your body is to have skin-on-skin contact with someone. So basically, you're both naked.'

Jessica credits her parents as the closest people too her in her life, mostly because of their 'outdoorsy' nature.

She added: 'Who have I been closest to in my life? My parents. They are very cool outdoorsy people. Growing up, we always camped as a family in Colorado, where we lived. My dad taught me all this survival stuff, like starting a fire and building a shelter out of trees and branches. We are a very close-knit family.'


Comments