Jessica Biel preferred playing in the mud to playing with dolls as a kid

Jessica Biel isnt much of a girly-girl. The 30-year-old actress appears on the cover of the April issue of W Magazine where she revealed she spent much more of her time outdoors rather than playing with dolls and daydreaming about getting married as a kid.

Jessica Biel arrives for the "New Years's Eve" premiere at the Ziegfeld Theatre in New York on December 7, 2011. UPI /Laura Cavanaugh

The actress admits she never identified with girls. She says she wasnt a scaredy cat and enjoyed adventure instead.

I loved the idea of being with a crew and having an adventure. I was really interested in pits full of snakes, she
>told
the magazine, revealing as a result, her favorite movie is The Goonies.

Biels love of the outdoors came after growing up with equally outdoorsy parents in Colorado.

My parents were outdoorsy mountain people, she said. My father would always say, Go out and dont come back until you have something to show me. Which meant he wanted me to come back with a scraped knee or an injury. When I went out to play, I felt like Id better get hurt.

The New Years Eve actress says she did play with dolls sometimes, but not in the way other girls would.

It was always, Lets play sex with Barbies! My Barbies were usually naked, she said. Once, I took their heads off, cut their hair, drew on their short, spiky hair with some markers, then stuck the heads on Christmas lights. Every year, wed string our tree with those Barbie heads. It looked demonic. My parents were so coolthey saw it as a form of self-expression.

Biel wasnt much of a rebel, though. When she was in her teens she was on the popular series 7th Heaven, so every time she tried to do something rebellious, she says she always ended up apologizing for it.

Now at 30 years old and engaged to Justin Timberlake, she jokes maybe she should go ! to the d ark side.

I think I need to destroy my reputation. This whole Im outdoorsy, Im really healthyits too squeaky-clean, she said with a laugh. Thats going to be my new thing: Go dark and unhealthy. Its time to be very, very bad.


Comments