Jessica Biel - 'nerdy' Teenager Jessica Biel

Jessica Biel was a ''bit of a nerd'' growing up and never felt like she fitted in with her peers.

Jessica Biel was a "bit of a nerd" growing up.

The 29-year-old actress struggled to fit in with her peers and never felt comfortable at any of her schools because she had such a "free-spirited" upbringing.

She said: "I always felt a bit like a fish out of water.

"I was a bit of a nerd and I changed school several times. I really didn't fit in with the other girls.

"My parents were very free-spirited and my mother was very much into health and nature. I grew up with a very ecologically minded spirit."

Because she struggled to fit in, Jessica became very insecure, which she says gave her a "bad attitude".

She explained to LOOK magazine :"As a teenager, I had a bad attitude due to my insecurities.

"I was trying to create a defensive persona when I was 16.

"I was confident but insecure, pushing the envelope but still being a kid and thinking I was this strong, independent woman when I wasn't there yet."


Comments