Zac Efron, Jessica Biel, More Hit 'New Year's Eve' Debut

On Wednesday, the cast of "New Year's Eve," Gary Marshall's latest ensemble flick, gathered at New York City's Ziegfeld Theatre to celebrate the star-studded film's release. The follow-up to the director's box office hit "Valentine's Day" has a similar theme: multiple plotlines told in a series of vignettes.

MTV News hit the black carpet, where we caught up with castmembers, including Zac Efron, who revealed to us that veteran actress Michelle Pfeiffer had a lot to do with convincing him to take on the part.

"It was great," Efron told MTV News of working with Pfeiffer. "I remember the first time I met her was on 'Hairspray,' and she's Michelle Pfeiffer she had that aura, star aura so I was always very nervous around her; [she's] very beautiful.

"We never really got the chance to connect on that movie," he explained of the 2007 musical. "So on this film, I remember I got a voicemail from her, and she said, 'Look, I would love to do this if you want to do it, and I want to take it to the next level.' And I'm like, 'I'm in 1,000 percent, and I love you so much, thank you so much for that voicemail. I can't wait, let's do it!' And here we are. It was a dream come true."

And Marshall seems to have made another dream come true for young actor Jake T. Austin, who has his first big-screen kiss in the flick with co-star Abigail Breslin. "We met each other hours before," Austin told us. "It was more like, 'Hi, nice to meet you, you ready?' But it was not that awkward, it was cool."

"It wasn't that awkward because we kinda didn't it treat it like a big deal," Breslin added. "He was very sweet, he was a gentleman. It all went well. We just kinda treated it like it was no big deal."

Jessica Biel also hit the black carpet in stunning, shimmery Valentino gown, a far different look than what she sports in the movie.

"I actually kind of enjoyed it," Biel said of wearing a baby bump for her pre! gnant ch aracter. "It was a strange thing. I didn't think I was going to feel as comfortable as I did with it. When you put that thing on, you start to rock with it: You're rubbing it. You're like, 'Wow this is not so bad after all.' You're hungry, you're like, 'My back's sore' no, its not, you're faking it but you still feel that these symptoms are happening to you, it just felt really natural."

Will you see "New Year's Eve"? Let us know in the comments.

Check out everything we've got on "New Year's Eve."

For breaking news, celebrity columns, humor and more updated around the clock visit MTVMoviesBlog.com.


Comments