Jessica Biel thinks actresses in Alfred Hitchcock's day were a "triple threat".

She told The Playlist: "I don't know if I could have made it back then. I feel like back then, you had to be a triple threat - acting, singing, dancing. And you had to go through all these changes in your appearance to be who they wanted you to look like.

"And the rehearsal process used to be so much bigger. Even when I first started out, you could rehearse for two weeks, three weeks, a month, and we don't do that anymore.

"Now, you're on your own, in your room, crossing your fingers, hoping you're going to get it right."

The film, which sees actor Sir Anthony Hopkins portray Hitchcock filming his eerie thriller 'Psycho', also stars Scarlett Johansson as actress Janet Leigh and she also recently admitted she struggled with getting into character.

She said earlier this year: "I couldn't mimic her and I only did so much with the things that I picked up on. I guess it's your own interpretation of a person in some way because you want to do the person justice."

'Hitchcock' opens in the UK on December 8.


Comments